St. Mary’s Good Samaritan honors the dedicated men and women of its auxiliaries during National Volunteer Week for their service and dedication to the hospital and the communities it serves.
“Volunteers are often the first faces that patients and visitors see upon entering our facility – faces of friendliness and caring that represent so much of what we stand for,” states Scott Niermann, St. Mary’s Hospital Auxiliary Liaison.
St. Mary’s Good Samaritan Auxiliaries are compromised over 320 members that volunteered a total of 40,106 hours in 2012. Volunteers serve in many locations throughout the hospital and also provide support at community events such as different screenings, the monthly Connections educational series, blood drives and the Health Expo each year.
“Our volunteers are so important to our mission and this community. We could not do all that we do without their selfless giving day after day, year after year,” states Judy Swinson, Director of Volunteer Services for Good Samaritan Regional Health Center.
St. Mary’s Hospital Auxiliary formed in 1958, marking their 55th anniversary with the hospital. Since then the Auxiliary has reached $1,000,000 in financial gifts through their fundraising activities.
Good Samaritan Regional Health Center Auxiliary formed in 1966, marking their 47th anniversary with the hospital. Since then, the auxiliary has given over $1,823,380.12 in gifts to the hospital. For more information about volunteering, please visit our website at www.smgsi.com.