The Auxiliary of St. Mary's Hospital announced that two scholarship applications are now available for students pursuing a career in the health care field. The Auxiliary provides two - $500 scholarships and The Illinois Hospital Association offers a $1,000 scholarship.
Eligibility for the St. Mary’s Hospital Auxiliary scholarship:
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Applicants must attend Kaskaskia College.
- Any person accepted into, or currently enrolled in a hospital-related health care professional curriculum is eligible. Consideration is limited to students who have been accepted in a health care professional sequence; that is, when courses are open only to student candidates for the degree or certification.
- Have a 3 point GPA out of 4 points or a 4 point GPA out of 5 points is necessary.
Eligibility for the Illinois Hospital Research & Educational Foundation scholarship:
- Any student currently enrolled or accepted into a certificate or degree conferring, hospital-related health care sequence is eligible. Students in general course of studies programs (i.e. pre-med, general education courses, liberal arts, etc.) are not eligible.
- Applicants enrolled in an associate degree or hospital-based program will be considered their first year.
- Applicants must be Illinois residents.
- The school to be attended need not be an Illinois institution; however, it must be accredited or recognized as an approved program by the appropriate agencies.
- Students having less than one academic year remaining until graduation are not eligible for consideration.
- In order to be competitive, a 3.5 GPA out of 4 points or a 4.5 GPA out of 5 points is necessary.
The applications for both may be picked up in the hospital’s Information Desk or Gift Shop in Centralia. You may print off the instructions and applications by clicking here.
Deadlines for receipt of the completed application(s) are May 1st for the Auxiliary and April 15th for the Illinois Hospital Association.
If you would like further information please contact a member of our Scholarship Committee: Delores Wanzo (532-8820), Jeanette Storck (533-1277) or Betty Scarbrough (532-0339).