St. Mary's Good Samaritan is proud to be a host for the American Cancer Society's "Look Good, Feel Better" program. This program is a partnership between the American Cancer Society, the Cosmetic, Toiletry, and Fragrance Association (CTFA) and the National Cosmetology Association.
During the workshop, volunteer beauty professionals help female cancer patients learn practical, hands-on beauty techniques to help restore appearance and self-image during chemotherapy and radiation treatments. The program focuses on makeup techniques, skin care, nail care, and options related to hair loss such as wigs, turbans, and scarves. Each woman who attends receives a free kit of cosmetics for use during and after the workshop.
St. Mary's Good Samaritan hosts this program in Centralia and Mt. Vernon. Upcoming dates are listed; to enroll for a class, call us toll-free: 1-888-257-6098.
St. Mary's Good Samaritan -- Centralia
- 400 N. Pleasant
- Meeting Room (between Main Lobby and Gift Shop)
- February 11, 2013; May 5, 2013; August 12, 2013; November 11, 2013
- 6-8 pm
- For more information about the Centralia class, please call (618) 436-6204
St. Mary's Good Samaritan -- Mt. Vernon
- 1 Good Samaritan Way, Mt. Vernon, IL
- Mother Odilia Classroom / ground floor of Medical Plaza
- February 11, 2013 - 10am to 12pm
- April 22, 2013 - 10am to 12pm
- June 24, 2013 - 6pm to 8pm
- August 26, 2013 - 6pm to 8pm
- November 4, 2013 - 10am to 12pm
For more information about the Mt. Vernon class, please call (618) 899-1072
When registering, please specify which color kit is right for your skin tone: light, medium, or dark.